- THE MISSION
- THE GEAR
Your Cart is Empty
A “clear path” for our peers living with disabilities. Making life better for so many deserving people.
LEADING BY EXAMPLE
BY: INJURED VETERANS
FOR: INJURED VETERANS
NEW ADAPTIVE FACILITIES
To impact more lives and raise the bar for accessibility
GAME-CHANGING ADAPTIVE CONTENT
Creating an arsenal of content to help the disabled community and increase awareness
With the resources and facilities to support more people in a variety of programs
Disabled veterans working together with our country's most qualified organizations to create a state of the art facility that will set a new bar for accessiblity and exponentially increase our impact
100 ACRES - PROGRAM ACTIVITIES
20,000 SQ FT - ADAPTIVE GYM
20,000 SQ FT - ACCESSIBLE LODGING (48 ppl)
10,000 SQ FT - DINING & REC AREA
WORLD'S 1ST WHEELCHAIR RUGBY COURTS
The current 9,000 sq. ft. OM Compound has been a home to over 1,100 veterans participating in adaptive programs.
When our veterans and supporters were surveyed and asked to try to describe Oscar Mike in one word from the English language, only 2 different words were submitted. 85% said "Family" and the other 15% said "Freedom".
Oscar Mike veterans are uniquely positioned and qualified to change the world for our peers living with disabilities.
LAND & PERMITS
Thanks to our dear friends at the Foglia Family Foundation we just secured 100 beautiful acres
Thanks to McGuire Woods we now have the very best legal representation
Thanks to Cushman & Wakefield we now have the very best project management
DESIGN & ENGINEERING
Thanks to Gensler we now have the very best design and engineering
Thanks to Google--Youtube and to Amazon--AWS we now have the very best technology partners
$30M CAPITAL RAISE:
We're ready to break ground in the spring of '23 if we can reach our goal. $2M was just donated to kickstart this raise!
MATERIALS & SUPPLIES
LABOR & SERVICES
FILMING NOW - 2023
LOGLINE: A team of disabled veterans, taken under the wing of Joe Delagrave, 2x Paralympic Medalist and Head Coach for USA Wheelchair Rugby, the “Oscar Mike Militia” have hopes of winning games but their big wins aren’t on the scoreboards.
DESCRIPTION: Not your typical war story. A powerfully authentic documentary that follows the lives of injured, ill, or disabled military veterans who smash through sterotypes and statistics as they battle on a court now, like seated gladiators, playing wheelchair rugby, a full contact sport they lovingly call "murderball". This film works best because it combines bone-jarring scenes of the sport along with the incredible stories and lives of these unique teammates that have each been forged in fires of military service and then impairment in at least three limbs by either war or tragedy. Get ready to be moved, inspired and called-to-action by this refreshingly badass celebration of the human mind, body, and spirit.